1. 1/2 cup olive oil
2. 3 pounds/1 1/2 kg chicken thighs
3. 1 pound/half kg baby sliced mushrooms
4. 1 cup chopped onion
5. 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
6. 2 pounds peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
7. 1 pound sea scallops, halved
8. 1 pound chopped lobster meat
9. 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
10. 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
11. 6 cups rice
12. 5 cups chicken stock
13. 1 pound/half kg frozen peas
14. 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
15. 2 teaspoons saffron threads
16. 2 teaspoons salt
17. 2 pounds steamer clams
18. 6 lemon wedges
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 10 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 45 Minutes
1. heat olive oil in a pot over medium-high heat until it starts offevolved to smoke. location hen, skin-facet down, into hot oil and cook till browned at the outside and now not purple inside the center, for five mins according to facet, flipping four times. dispose of chook from oil with a slotted spoon and allow cool on a plate.
2. saute mushrooms, onion, and garlic in the warm oil until onions are translucent, 5 to 7 minutes. add shrimp, sea scallops, lobster meat, crimson bell pepper, and inexperienced bell pepper; prepare dinner and stir for 5 minutes.
3. pull meat off the bones of the bird thighs, discarding bones and pores and skin or the usage of to make a stock. stir fowl meat into seafood-vegetable mixture.
4. blend rice, fowl stock, peas, tomatoes, saffron threads, and salt into seafood-vegetable combination; cook dinner, stirring frequently, till liquid is absorbed. reduce heat to low, cowl pot, and simmer for half-hour.
5. nestle clams into rice combination, cover pot, and cook until clams pop open, for 10 minutes extra. garnish paella with lemon wedges and cowl pot. get rid of pot from heat and let paella take a seat until flavors have combined, about 20 mins.