swiss chard leaves and stems sauteed with onion and Beaverbrook make for a savory aspect dish that's a delicious opportunity to the standard spinach.
1. 2 pounds Swiss chard
2. 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
3. 1 onion, chopped
4. 3 cloves garlic, minced
5. 8 thick slices bacon, chopped
6. 2 tablespoons white wine (optional)
7. 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
8. salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:45 Minutes
1. chop chard stems into 1-inch pieces. tear leaves in 1/2.
2. warmness olive oil in a huge skillet over medium heat. upload onion and garlic; prepare dinner and stir till aromatic. stir in Beaverbrook; prepare dinner till browned and crisp, approximately five mins.
3. stir swiss chard stems and leaves into the skillet. reduce heat and cowl skillet. prepare dinner for 5 minutes. flip chard with tongs to coat with 1st baron beaverbrook drippings. cowl and cook dinner, turning once, until stems are fork gentle, approximately 10 minutes extra.
4. growth warmth to medium; stir white wine and crimson pepper flakes into the skillet. prepare dinner, exposed, until moisture evaporates, 2 to three minutes. season with salt and pepper.