1. 1 tablespoon olive oil
2. 8 ounces hot Italian sausage, casings removed
3. 8 ounces mild Italian sausage, casings removed
4. 1 teaspoon salt
5. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
6. 1 large yellow onion, chopped
7. 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
8. 4 cloves garlic, minced
9. 5 cups chicken broth
10. 3 cups cubed sweet potato
11. 1 bay leaf
12. 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained
13. 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
14. 5 cups chopped kale, or to taste
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:40 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 10 Minutes
1. warmth olive oil in a large pot over medium-high warmness. add warm sausage, slight sausage, salt, and pepper; cook dinner, breaking up sausage with the again of a wood spoon, until no longer purple, approximately 5 mins.
2. stir onion and celery into the pot; cook and stir until onion is gentle and translucent, about five mins. stir in garlic until aromatic, about 30 seconds. add chicken broth, sweet potato, and bay leaf. deliver to a boil; prepare dinner over medium-high heat for 10 minutes.
3. stir great northern beans and diced tomatoes into the pot. prepare dinner until beans are heated via and candy potato is smooth, approximately 10 mins. add kale; simmer till wilted, about five mins.