1. 1 (12 ounce) package mild Italian pork sausage
2. 1 large apple, diced
4. 1 egg
5. 1 egg yolk
6. 1 (14.1 ounce) package pastry for 9-inch double-crust pie
7. 1/4 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese, divided
8. 2 teaspoons thyme leaves, roughly chopped, divided
9. freshly ground pepper to taste
Prep:35 Minutes, Cook:17 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 17 Minutes
1. heat a massive skillet over medium heat. upload sausage; cook dinner, breaking meat aside with a wood spoon, until browned, about 5 minutes. upload apple; cook dinner and stir till beginning to soften, 2 to 3 minutes. season with salt. let filling stand until cooled, at the least 15 mins.
2. beat egg and egg yolk together in a small bowl to make egg wash.
3. preheat oven to 450 tiers f (230 degrees c). line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
4. unroll pastries onto a lightly floured work floor. spread and gently press 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and 1/2 teaspoon thyme over each pastry.
5. slice every pastry crosswise into 4 wedges. add a beneficiant 1/4 cup filling to each wedge. brush edges with egg wash. fold dough over the filling and seal the pies. crimp edges with a fork and trim any extra dough. set up pies at the organized baking sheets. brush with any closing egg wash; sprinkle the ultimate 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon thyme over pies. season with pepper.
6. bake in the preheated oven till golden brown, rotating pans halfway through, 12 to fifteen minutes. permit cool before serving, about 10 mins.