1. 1 whole duck
2. 2 tablespoons salt, or more to taste
3. 2 lemongrass stalks
4. 2 onions, sliced
5. 4 cloves garlic
6. vegetable oil for deep-frying
7. 1 3/4 cups cubed potatoes
8. 1 (10 ounce) can pineapple chunks, juice reserved, or more to taste
9. 1 (32 fluid ounce) bottle lemon-lime soda (such as Sprite®)
10. 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 40 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours 5 Minutes
1.keep duck on a work surface. coat pores and skin with salt and fill the hollow space with lemon grass. switch duck to a pot and cover with water. add onions and garlic; boil till meat is smooth,for 1 hour 15 minutes. an instantaneous-study thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh, close to the bone, must read 165 degrees f (seventy four ranges c).
2. allow duck cool, 15 to 20 minutes. carve.
3. warmth oil in a saucepan to 375 degrees f (190 levels c). deep-fry the duck meat till crispy and brown, 8 to ten mins. fry the potatoes till golden brown, about five minutes.
4. layer the duck, pineapple juice, soda, evaporated milk, potatoes, and pineapple chunks, in this unique order, in a huge saucepan. simmer till sauce is barely thickened, 12 to 15 minutes. season with salt.