1. 4 cups all-purpose flour
2. 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3. 2 teaspoons baking powder
4. 1 cup white sugar
5. 1 cup finely ground almonds
6. 2 eggs
7. 3 tablespoons rum
8. 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
9. 9 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
11. 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
12. 1 (1 ounce) bottle rum flavored extract
13. 1 teaspoon hot water, or more as needed
14. 48 blanched almond halves
Prep:35 Minutes, Cook:8 Minutes, Ready In:53 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 tiers f (175 ranges c). line baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. sift four cups plus 2 tablespoons flour and baking powder onto a pastry board.
3. make a nicely in the center of the flour mixture; upload white sugar, almonds, eggs, and rum. mix in flour from the perimeters of the properly to form a thick paste. drop butter portions into the flour. knead dough, beginning from the middle, till company and smooth.
4. roll out dough to one/eight-inch thickness on a floured work surface. cut into shapes using three-inch cookie cutters. transfer to the prepared baking sheets using a spatula.
5. bake inside the preheated oven till edges are golden, eight to twelve mins. transfer to wire racks to chill slightly, about five mins.
6. blend confectioners’ sugar, rum flavoring, and water collectively in a bowl to make icing. unfold icing over warm cookies. location 1 almond half of on pinnacle of each cookie.