roasted peppers, tomatoes, sauteed aromatics and seasonings are cooked in chicken broth, strained, pureed, and thickened with a roux to create this creamy soup.
1. 1 teaspoon olive oil
2. 1 onion, chopped
3. 2 cloves garlic, minced
4. 3 red bell peppers
5. 4 large tomatoes – peeled, seeded and chopped
6. 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
7. 2 teaspoons paprika
8. 1/8 teaspoon white sugar
9. 6 cups chicken broth
10. salt and pepper to taste
11. 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
12. 1 dash hot pepper sauce
13. 2 tablespoons butter
14. 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
15. 6 tablespoons sour cream
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 25 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 40 Minutes
1. roast peppers: rub oil on peppers and put them under the broiler until blackened, flip to get all aspects. put into paper bag and seal. allow rest for 15 mins, then peel will come right off and center and seeds will fall out. chop peppers. reserve one chopped pepper; set aside.
2. heat olive oil over mild warmth. upload onion and garlic and prepare dinner until smooth but no longer brown, about 5 mins. stir in tomato, bell peppers (except reserved), thyme, paprika, and sugar. prepare dinner over medium-low heat until all of the tomato juices have evaporated, about 25 mins.
3. stir in hen stock, salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, and hot sauce (if using). convey to boiling, lower heat, and simmer, partly included, for 25 minutes or till vegetables are tender.
four. pressure soup, booking broth. area solids in food processor or blender, and technique till pretty easy. add puree lower back into broth.
5. melt butter and stir in the flour, cook for 1 minute. stirring slowly, add the broth/vegetable combination. add reserved chopped pepper and convey to boiling. lower warmness and simmer 10 mins.
6. ladle into bowls and upload 1 tablespoon of sour cream to every bowl. for a lighter soup, this is additionally scrumptious with out the bitter cream.