1. 6 1/2 pounds bone-pork belly
2. 1/4 cup fish sauce
3. 2 tablespoons rock salt
4. 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
5. Dipping Sauce:
6. 3 shallots, chopped
7. 1/2 cup Chinese soy sauce
8. 3 calamansis (Filipino lemons), juiced (optional)
9. 2 tablespoons sinamak (seasoned cane vinegar)
10. 2 Thai bird’s eye chile peppers, seeded and chopped (optional)
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:5 Hours, Ready In:7 Hours 20 Minutes
1. pat beef belly dry with paper towels. rating red meat stomach skin in a crosshatch sample with a pointy knife.
2. region red meat belly skin side-up in a big roasting pan. pour fish sauce calmly over pork stomach. season with rock salt and pepper. permit stand at room temperature for two hours.
3. preheat oven to 400 stages f (two hundred degrees c). cover roasting pan with aluminum foil.
4. roast pork stomach within the preheated oven for half-hour. lessen oven temperature to three hundred tiers f (150 ranges c). continue baking, basting red meat stomach with juices each 30 minutes, until very gentle, about 4 hours.
5. take away aluminum foil and switch on the oven’s broiler. broil beef belly until skin is crisp, approximately 30 minutes. do away with pork stomach from oven. let rest for 30 minutes. slice off the bone.
6. blend shallots, soy sauce, calamansi juice, sinamak, and chile peppers in a bowl to make dipping sauce. serve slices of beef stomach with dipping sauce.