this soup highlights the sweetness of roasted cauliflower and garlic. serve this on its very own for a fast lunch or with salad and bread for a satisfying dinner. make it vegetarian by means of substituting vegetable broth for the bird broth.
1. 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
2. 2 tablespoons roasted garlic-flavored extra-virgin olive oil
3. 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4. 2 teaspoons garlic powder
5. 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
6. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
7. 1 tablespoon butter
8. 1 onion, finely chopped
9. 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
10. 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
11. 1 cup milk
12. 1 tablespoon dry sherry
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours, Ready In:1 Hours 10 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 450 degrees f (230 tiers c).
2. place the cauliflower in a small roasting pan. drizzle with oil and season with nutmeg, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
3. roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven stirring each 10 minutes till golden brown and gentle, 30 to 40 minutes. eliminate from the oven and set apart.
four. soften the butter in a large saucepan over medium warmness. upload the chopped onion and cook dinner and stir until gently golden brown, about 10 minutes.
five. sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir to coat. slowly pour the bird broth and milk into the pan. blend with a wire whisk until all the flour is dissolved. convey to a boil even as stirring continuously until it thickens, then lessen warmth to low. stir within the sherry and the roasted cauliflower. function is, or combo 1/2 and recombine with the rest of the soup for a thicker consistency.