1. 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. 1/4 cup butter
3. 3 large onions chopped
4. 2 cups sliced celery
5. sliced 1 leek
6. 2 teaspoons lemon zest
7. 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
8. 1 teaspoon minced garlic
9. 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
10. 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
11. 1 whole chicken, rinsed and patted dry
12. kosher salt and ground black pepper
13. 1/2 loaf French bread, cut into 3/4-inch slices
14. 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Prep:40 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 15 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours 5 Minutes
1.heat oven to 190 degree c.
2.heat olive oil and a couple of tablespoons butter in a huge oven-safe pan over medium heat. add onions, celery, and leek. cook and stir until softened, about 10 mins. stir in lemon zest, thyme, garlic, and pink pepper flakes. cook till flavors combine,for 5 mins. mix in parsley. eliminate from heat; switch vegetable combination to a bowl.
3. butterfly the chook via getting rid of the backbone, and pressing down at the breastbone to crack hen open using a knife or kitchen shears. open the two sides and unfold them out like an open book. rub the last 2 tablespoons butter all over the hen. season with salt and pepper.
4. lay bread onto the lowest of the same pan; spread vegetable combination over bread to make stuffing. set up chook right into a layer on top, skin aspect-up. pour lemon juice over fowl.
5. bake, uncovered, in the heated oven until now not red on the bone and the juices run clear, 1 hour to 1 hour half-hour. an on the spot-examine thermometer inserted into the thickest a part of the thigh, close to the bone, need to read 165 stages f (seventy four levels c).
6. dispose of bird from the oven, cover with a doubled sheet of aluminum foil, and permit to rest in a heat area for 10 mins before cutting into quarters. spoon stuffing onto each serving patter and pinnacle with bird.