2. 2 cups diced rhubarb
3. 1 cup white sugar
4. 2 cups all-purpose flour
5. 1 cup sour cream
6. 2 teaspoons baking powder
7. 1 pinch salt
9. 2 1/2 cups white sugar, divided
10. 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced thin
11. 3 cups diced rhubarb
12. 1/2 cup water
13. 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional)
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:48 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours 28 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 stages f (175 degrees c).
2. mix 2 cups rhubarb and 1 cup sugar together in a bowl; set apart to permit juices to release, approximately 10 minutes. integrate flour, sour cream, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. add rhubarb-sugar combination to flour mixture; blend till simply combined. pour into an 8-inch rectangular baking pan.
3. bake inside the preheated oven till golden brown, 25 to 35 mins. reduce shortcake into 9 squares.
4. mix 1 half of cups sugar and strawberries collectively in a bowl; set aside to permit flavors to meld, approximately 10 mins.
five. area 3 cups rhubarb and water in a saucepan over medium heat. stir in 1 cup sugar; convey to a boil. lower warmness; simmer till gentle, approximately 15 minutes. cast off from warmness; mash with a potato masher. return to medium heat; add cornstarch and return to boiling. simmer, stirring, till sauce is thick, three to five mins.
6. pour strawberry-sugar aggregate into rhubarb sauce; stir until properly blended. cool absolutely inside the refrigerator, approximately 1 hour. spoon sauce over shortcake squares.