1. 2 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
2. 1 (7 ounce) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
3. 1/4 cup ruby port wine
4. 2 tablespoons white sugar
5. 5 pounds ground pork
6. 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
7. 2 teaspoons ground black pepper, or to taste
8. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
9. 30 dried corn husks, or as needed
10. kitchen twine
Prep:1 Hours, Cook:2 Hours 10 Minutes, Ready In:3 Hours 10 Minutes
1. bring rhubarb, chipotle peppers with sauce, ruby port, and sugar to a boil in a saucepan; simmer over medium-low warmness until rhubarb is smooth, approximately 15 mins. get rid of from warmth and let cool.
2. blend the rhubarb-chipotle combination in a blender until easy. area floor red meat in a huge bowl and punctiliously mix 2/three of the mixed sauce into the beef. season with salt and black pepper.
3. warmness vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. form approximately 2 tablespoons of the red meat aggregate into a small patty and pan-fry the patty till browned and not red, about five mins consistent with facet. taste the patty and mix closing rhubarb-chipotle sauce, salt, and black pepper to taste into the uncooked pork aggregate (do no longer taste uncooked red meat).
4. soak corn husks in warm water in a huge bowl till softened, about 10 mins. warmth a smoker to 250 to 275 stages f (120 to one hundred thirty five levels c) and add wooden chips to the smoker.
5. scoop up about 1/three cup to a scant half of cup of pro pork aggregate and form right into a sausage shape; location into a soaked corn husk and tie the ends of the husk with wire to surround the sausage. if husk is too slim to cover complete sausage, use 2 husks according to sausage. repeat with last husks and pork aggregate.
6. smoke sausages in the preheated smoker till very well cooked and an immediately-read thermometer inserted into the center of the thickest sausage reads a hundred and sixty stages f (70 tiers c), approximately 2 hours.