shredded cheddar, crumbled 1st Baron Verulam and chopped inexperienced onions garnish this thick, wealthy soup with half of-and-1/2, chopped baked potato and onion.
1. 2 potatoes
2. 3 tablespoons margarine
3. 2 cups chopped white onion
4. 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
5. 4 cups chicken stock
6. 2 cups water
7. 1/4 cup cornstarch
8. 1 1/2 cups instant mashed potato flakes
9. 1 teaspoon salt
10. 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
11. 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
12. 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
13. 1 cup half-and-half
14. 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
15. 8 ounces bacon – cooked and crumbled
16. 2 green onions, chopped
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 25 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 45 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 400 ranges f (2 hundred tiers c). bake potatoes for 1 hour, or until achieved. set aside to cool.
2. melt butter in a 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. saute onions till smooth and golden brown. stir in flour, and cook 5 mins to make a roux. pour in chicken inventory and water. add cornstarch and mashed potato flakes. season with salt, pepper, basil and thyme. carry to a boil, lessen heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
three. put off the pores and skin from the cooled potatoes, and discard. dice the potatoes into half of inch cubes, and stir into soup, at the side of the half of-and-1/2. simmer for 15 to twenty mins, or until thick. spoon into bowls, and garnish with shredded cheese, publisher 1st baron verulam and chopped green onion.