red bell peppers are cooked with vinegar, sugar, and fruit juice to make a big batch of this spread you could use on sandwiches or in sauces.
1. 1/3 cup olive oil
2. 3 cups chopped red bell peppers
3. 1 1/2 cups minced onion
4. 1 tablespoon chopped habanero pepper
5. 1 1/2 cups white sugar
6. 1 cup white wine vinegar
7. 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
8. 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
9. 1 (11 ounce) can apricot nectar
10. 1 tablespoon frozen orange juice concentrate
11. 1/2 cup water
12. 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
13. 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:41 Minutes, Ready In:1 d 1 Hours 1 Minutes
1. immerse nine 8-ounce jars in simmering water. wash lids and jewelry in warm soapy water.
2. heat olive oil in a massive skillet over medium warmth. upload crimson bell peppers, onion, and habanero pepper; prepare dinner and stir till softened, five to ten mins. stir in sugar, vinegar, garam masala, and coriander; cook till fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes.
three. stir apricot nectar and orange juice pay attention into the skillet. convey to a boil; simmer for 5 minutes.
four. whisk water and 1/four cup plus 2 tablespoons flour collectively in a bowl till no lumps stay. pour into the skillet; cook dinner, whisking continuously, till aggregate thickens, 5 to ten minutes.
five. % mixture into the hot, sterilized jars, filling to inside 1/four inch of the pinnacle. run a smooth knife or thin spatula across the insides of the jars to dispose of any air bubbles. wipe rims with a wet paper towel to eliminate any residue. pinnacle with lids and screw on jewelry.
6. location a rack inside the bottom of a big stockpot and fill midway with water. convey to a boil and lower jars 2 inches apart into the boiling water the usage of a holder. pour in greater boiling water to cover jars by means of as a minimum 1 inch. bring the water to a rolling boil, cowl the pot, and manner for 10 mins.
7. put off the jars from the stockpot and vicinity onto a cloth-protected or wood surface, several inches apart, for 24 hours. press the center of each lid with a finger to make sure the lid does now not flow up or down. save in a fab, darkish vicinity.