ratatouille is a well-known french vegetarian one-pot dish with eggplant, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, masses of olive oil, and herbes de provence.
1. 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2. 2 large onions, quartered
3. 3 cloves garlic, minced
4. 3 eggplants, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
5. 6 zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick
6. 2 pounds fresh tomatoes, quartered
7. 1/2 cup tomato puree (optional)
8. 3 tablespoons herbes de Provence
9. salt and pepper to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 2 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 17 Minutes
1. pour olive oil in a large pot and heat over excessive warmness. upload onions and garlic and saute for two mins. lower the heat and upload eggplant, zucchini, tomato puree, herbes de provence, salt, and pepper. cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. get rid of the lid. if there may be still a lot of liquid, maintain cooking for any other half-hour exposed. if the amount of liquid seems right, positioned again the lid and cook dinner for 30 extra mins.