1. 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2. 2 large chopped onions
3. 3 crushed cloves garlic
4. 3 eggplants, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
5. 6 zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch thick
6. 2 pounds/1 kg fresh chopped tomatoes
7. 1/2 cup tomato puree
8. 3 tablespoons herbes de Provence
9. salt and pepper to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 2 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 17 Minutes
1. pour olive oil in a pot and heat over excessive heat. add onions and garlic and saute for two mins. lower the heat and put eggplant, zucchini, tomato puree, herbes de provence, salt, and pepper. cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
2.remove the lid. if there may be still a lot of liquid, maintain cooking for any other half-hour exposed. if the amount of liquid seems right, positioned again the lid and cook for 30 extra mins.