1. 1 cup pumpkin puree
2. 3/4 cup white sugar
3. 1/2 cup canola oil
4. 2 large eggs
5. 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
6. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
7. 1 cup all-purpose flour
8. 1 teaspoon baking soda
9. 1 teaspoon baking powder
10. 1/4 teaspoon salt
11. 1/2 cup caramel sauce
12. 1 tablespoon bourbon, divided
13. 1 cup heavy whipping cream
14. 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:36 Minutes, Ready In:56 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 stages f (a hundred seventy five tiers c). line an 8-inch square cake pan with parchment paper.
2. beat pumpkin puree, sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract collectively in a bowl.
3. sift flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. add to the pumpkin aggregate; stir till simply blended. pour into prepared pan; easy top with a spatula.
4. bake within the preheated oven till a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out easy, 35 to forty minutes.
5. integrate caramel sauce and 1 half teaspoons bourbon in a saucepan over low warmness; warm through, approximately 2 mins. poke holes flippantly over the surface of the cake the use of a chopstick. reserve 1 teaspoon of the caramel-bourbon combination; pour remaining mixture over the cake. vicinity on cooling rack.
6. beat cream and remaining 1 half teaspoons bourbon in a bowl the use of an electric mixer till smooth peaks shape. spoon whipped cream on cake; scatter pecans and drizzle reserved caramel sauce on pinnacle.