1. Pomegranate Molasses:
2. 4 cups pomegranate juice
3. 1/2 cup white sugar
4. 1/2 cup lemon juice
5. For the Turkey:
6. 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
7. 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
8. 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
9. 1 (12 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
10. 1/2 cup olive oil
11. kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:3 Hours 18 Minutes, Ready In:4 Hours 8 Minutes
1. warmth pomegranate juice, sugar, and lemon juice in a saucepan over medium-high heat. cook dinner, stirring constantly, till sugar is dissolved, three to 5 minutes. convey to a simmer; reduce warmth to medium-low. cook, stirring often, until reduced down to 1 half of cups, about 1 hour. put off from warmth. allow pomegranate molasses cool to room temperature, as a minimum 20 mins.
2. preheat oven to 450 stages f (230 stages c).
three. whisk the pomegranate molasses, horseradish, mustard, and sage collectively in a bowl to make the glaze.
4. do away with any giblets or gizzards from the turkey and location the turkey in a roasting pan. brush with olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
5. bake inside the preheated oven, basting with the juices from the lowest of the pan each 15 mins, for two hours. while an immediately-study thermometer inserted into the thickest a part of the thigh, close to the bone, reads a hundred seventy five degrees f (79 tiers c), brush turkey with 1 cup glaze. preserve roasting until no longer pink in the center, about 15 minutes greater.
6. do away with turkey from the oven and brush with the final glaze. cowl with a unfastened tent of aluminum foil and allow to rest for 15 mins before carving up that turkey.