hand held pizza for busy families on the cross! yummy pizza components all wrapped in pre-made pizza or crescent dough. you make a decision what 'toppings' to add; vegetables, sausage, pepperoni ? anything you want! if you don't like more spice, feel free to omit the crimson pepper for a milder sauce.
1. 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2. 1 small onion, chopped
3. 1 garlic clove, crushed
4. 4 tablespoons RED GOLD® Tomato Paste
5. 2 (14.5 ounce) cans RED GOLD® Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic & Olive Oil
6. 1 teaspoon red pepper
7. Salt and black pepper to taste
8. 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
9. 1 (10 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust, or crescent roll sheet
10. 1 (8 ounce) tube crescent roll sheets, or refrigerated pizza crust
11. 1 (8 ounce) package shredded pizza cheese
12. 1 cup assorted vegetables (green pepper, onion, mushrooms, and spinach leaves)
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours, Ready In:1 Hours 20 Minutes
1. highly spiced pizza sauce: warmth the olive oil in a huge saucepan over medium-high warmth. add the onions and saute until they may be tender, about four minutes. upload the garlic and wine; cook dinner for an extra minute.
2. stir in tomato paste, diced tomatoes, pink pepper, salt and black pepper. reduce the heat and simmer for 20 to twenty-five mins or till thickened. stir in the vinegar; cool. freeze leftover pizza sauce for a destiny pizza stromboli or everyday pizza.
three. pizza stromboli: makes 1 large stromboli. preheat oven to 375 tiers f. dispose of crescent roll sheet from tube and location on sheet of parchment paper. roll dough into a 10×14-inch rectangle. vicinity on baking sheet.
four. spread 1/2 of cheese down the middle third of the dough. top with 1 cup highly spiced pizza sauce and 1 cup of chopped vegetables. pinnacle with closing cheese.
5. cut 1-inch crosswise strips down the perimeters of the rectangle. starting from one stop, deliver one of the dough strips across the filling diagonally. repeat on the alternative side, crisscrossing the dough strips. hold down the rest of the braid, alternating strips to shape the loaf. brush with egg wash (one egg overwhelmed with a pinch of salt). sprinkle with dehydrated onions or poppy seed. bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till golden brown.