pie crusts are full of sausage, prosciutto, parmesan, mozzarella, and ricotta cheese to make this savory and wealthy pizza rustica.
1. 1 (12 ounce) package Italian sausage, casings removed
2. 2 (8 ounce) packages grated Parmesan cheese
3. 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
4. 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
5. 4 eggs
6. 1 (3 ounce) package prosciutto, chopped
7. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
8. 2 (9 inch) prepared pie crusts
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 5 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 30 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 375 ranges f (a hundred ninety tiers c).
2. cook dinner and stir sausage in a massive skillet over medium warmth till browned, five to 8 mins. drain.
3. mix parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese, and eggs together in a bowl. stir in sausage, prosciutto, and parsley.
four. roll 1 pie crust into an eleven-inch circle on a gently floured work surface. switch to a pie plate, leaving a half-inch overhang. pierce crust throughout with a fork. spread cheese and sausage combination over crust. roll second pie crust right into a 12-inch circle; region on pinnacle. seal and flute edges. cut numerous slits inside the pinnacle crust to allow steam to get away.
five. bake within the preheated oven until middle is set and crust is browned, about 1 hour.