in this , garden zucchini (courgette) is packed with dill, garlic, peppercorn, and allspice, then pickled in pint jars to save for iciness.
1. 5 half-pint canning jars with lids and rings, sterilized
2. 1 extra large zucchini, sliced
3. 1 onion, sliced
4. 1 carrot, sliced
5. 5 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
6. 1 bunch chopped fresh dill
7. 15 whole black peppercorns
8. 15 whole allspice berries
9. 1 tablespoon mustard seed
10. 5 bay leaves
12. 4 cups water
13. 1 cup white vinegar
14. 2 tablespoons salt
15. 1 1/4 cups superfine sugar
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:8 Minutes, Ready In:8 Hours 28 Minutes
1. peel and cut the zucchini into thirds. eliminate seeds and reduce into strips.
2. sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for as a minimum five minutes. divide onion, carrot, garlic, and dill amongst hot, sterilized jars. p.c. zucchini slices vertically into jars. divide peppercorns, allspice berries, mustard seed, and bay leaves among jars.
3. carry water, vinegar, salt, and sugar to a boil in a saucepan, stirring till sugar and salt is dissolved, 1 to 2 mins. cast off from warmth and ladle frivolously into jars, filling to inside 1/four inch of the pinnacle.
four. run a easy knife or skinny spatula around the insides of the jars once they were filled to take away any air bubbles. wipe the edges of the jars with a moist paper towel to do away with any food residue. pinnacle with lids and screw on rings.
five. region a rack within the backside of a massive stockpot and fill halfway with water. carry to a boil and decrease jars into the boiling water the usage of a holder. go away a 2-inch space among the jars. pour in more boiling water if important to carry the water level to at the least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. convey the water to a rolling boil, cover the pot, and process for 7 minutes.
6. do away with the jars from the stockpot and place onto a fabric-blanketed or wood floor, numerous inches apart, until cool. press the top of each lid with a finger, making sure that the seal is tight (lid does no longer pass up or down at all). shop in a cool, darkish region.