1. 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2. 2 tablespoons kosher salt, divided
3. 3 large lemons, zested and juiced
4. 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
5. 2 tablespoons pickling spice
6. 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
7. 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
8. 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
9. 3 large shallots, thinly sliced lengthwise
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:7 Minutes, Ready In:1 d 40 Minutes
1. fill a huge bowl with ice-bloodless water.
2. convey a huge pot of water to a boil over excessive warmness. upload shrimp and 1 tablespoon salt; lessen warmness to low and prepare dinner till shrimp are red, about 2 minutes. drain the shrimp and transfer to the bowl of bloodless water till chilled, 3 to five minutes. drain once more.
3. integrate final 1 tablespoon salt, lemon zest and juice, parsley, pickling spice, garlic, and crimson pepper flakes in a bowl. pour in olive oil and whisk together to make the pickling oil.
four. fill a resealable glass jar with shrimp and shallots in 4 alternating layers. pour the pickling oil on top, submerging all contents. placed on the lid and refrigerate for 24 hours.