this versatile pickled have fun with consists of zucchini, cucumbers, onion, and three types of peppers in an herb- and spice-infused vinegar.
1. 8 zucchini, diced
2. 4 cucumbers, diced
3. 1 sweet onion, diced
4. 2 red bell pepper, diced
5. 2 green bell pepper, diced
6. 2 jalapeno pepper, minced
7. 1 cup sea salt
8. water to cover
9. 2 cups white sugar
10. 2 cups rice vinegar
11. 1/2 cup white vinegar
12. 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
13. 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seed
14. 1 teaspoon onion powder
15. 1 teaspoon garlic powder
16. 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
17. 12 1-pint canning jars with lids and rings
Prep:45 Minutes, Cook:35 Minutes, Ready In:9 Hours 20 Minutes
1. toss zucchini, cucumbers, onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, and jalapeno collectively in a totally large bowl. upload salt and water to cover vegetable combination; refrigerate for 8 hours to overnight. stress vegetable aggregate and rinse well.
2. bring sugar, rice vinegar, white vinegar, turmeric, mustard seed, onion powder, garlic powder, and rosemary to a boil in a massive inventory pot. add vegetable aggregate; simmer for 20 minutes.
three. sterilize the jars and lids in boiling water for at least 5 minutes. p.c. vegetable combination with vinegar mixture into hot, sterilized jars, filling to within 1/4 inch of the top. run a clean knife or thin spatula across the insides of the jars once they had been crammed to dispose of any air bubbles. wipe the rims of the jars with a wet paper towel to get rid of any meals residue. pinnacle with lids and screw on jewelry.
four. vicinity a rack inside the bottom of a massive stockpot and fill halfway with water. bring to a boil and lower jars into the boiling water the use of a holder. go away a 2-inch area between the jars. pour in more boiling water if important to bring the water level to at least 1 inch above the tops of the jars. convey the water to a rolling boil, cowl the pot, and system, 10 minutes for 1/2-pints or 15 minutes for pints.
five. put off the jars from the stockpot and place onto a cloth-blanketed or wooden surface, numerous inches aside, until cool. press the pinnacle of every lid with a finger, making sure that the seal is tight (lid does no longer move up or down at all). store in a cool, darkish place.