1. 1 cup Japanese soy sauce
2. 1 cup tightly packed brown sugar
3. 1/2 cup pineapple juice
4. 1/4 cup sake
5. 1/4 cup rice vinegar
6. 8 cloves garlic, crushed
7. 1 tablespoon grated ginger
8. 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG) (optional)
9. 1/2 teaspoon Korean red pepper flakes
10. 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
11. 2 pounds chicken wings
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 25 Minutes, Ready In:4 Hours 45 Minutes
1. integrate soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, sake, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger, monosodium glutamate, purple pepper flakes, and sesame seeds in a small saucepan. bring to a simmer; cook dinner for 10 mins. eliminate sauce from warmness and let cool.
2. cut wings on the joint to make drumettes. transfer to a huge resealable plastic bag. pour in sauce. marinade within the fridge, at the least 3 hours and as much as overnight.
3. preheat grill for medium warmth and lightly oil the grate. remove hen wings from sauce; grill until lightly browned, about five minutes in step with side.
4. pour sauce right into a saucepan. bring to a simmer; prepare dinner for 5 mins.
5. preheat oven to 350 degrees f (one hundred seventy five levels c). set up fowl wings in a unmarried layer in a massive baking dish; pour sauce on top.
6. bake in the preheated oven, turning and basting regularly, till wings are browned, about 1 hour.