1. 1 (16 ounce) bag dry Peruano (Peruvian) beans
2. 3 quarts water, or as needed
3. 1 onion, halved
4. 3 cloves garlic
5. 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon (such as Knorr®)
6. salt and ground black pepper to taste
7. 1/4 cup canola oil
Prep:5 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 5 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 40 Minutes
1. rinse beans in cold water. region in a bowl with water to cover; soak for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
2. switch soaked beans to a big pot; fill with 3 quarts water. upload onion and garlic. cover and cook dinner over low warmness until boiling, approximately half-hour. add bouillon and season with salt. cook dinner, including extra water as wished, until beans are tender, 30 to 40 mins extra.
3. warmth oil in a skillet over medium warmth. upload some scoops of cooked beans, 1 clove of cooked garlic, and approximately 1/2 of the water from the pot. convey to a simmer and mash. season with salt and pepper.