blend together a short curry powder from scratch for this genuine pakistani lamb curry and pinnacle with serrano chile paste and garam masala.
1. 2 tablespoons ghee
2. 1 large onion, chopped
3. 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
4. 1/2 cup water
5. 1 (4 inch) piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
6. 6 cloves garlic, chopped
7. 2 pounds cubed leg of lamb meat
8. 1 tablespoon salt, or to taste
9. 1 tablespoon ground paprika
10. 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
11. 1 tablespoon ground coriander
12. 1 tablespoon ground cumin
13. 1 tablespoon ground cayenne pepper, or to taste
14. 2 small serrano peppers, finely chopped, or to taste (optional)
15. 1 tablespoon water, or as needed
16. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, or to taste
17. 2 teaspoons garam masala
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:40 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours
1. warmness ghee in a skillet over medium warmness. add onion; cook and stir until smooth and translucent, five to 7 minutes. switch to a blender. upload tomatoes, water, ginger, and garlic; puree sauce until smooth.
2. switch sauce to a saucepan over medium warmth. upload lamb, salt, paprika, turmeric, coriander, cumin, and cayenne pepper. lessen warmness to medium-low; simmer until soft and without problems pulled apart with a fork, approximately half-hour.
3. place serrano peppers in a small food processor; grind with 1 tablespoon water till a paste bureaucracy. upload to the lamb; keep simmering till flavors integrate, approximately 5 mins. mix in cilantro and garam masala.