1. 1 cup butter, softened
2. 2 cups white sugar
3. 6 eggs
4. 3 1/3 cups self-rising flour
5. 1 cup milk
6. 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
7. 1 tablespoon lemon extract
8. 2 cups dates, pitted and chopped
9. 2 cups chopped pecans
10. 2 cups orange juice
11. 3 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1.heat oven to 165 degree c. grease a ten inch tube pan and line the lowest with parchment paper. grease the paper. dredge the dates and nuts inside the flour and set aside.
2.in a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. add the eggs separately, beating well. add flour, alternating with milk, and blend well. upload vanilla and lemon flavorings. fold in nuts and dates.
3.pour batter into a ten inch tube pan. bake at 350 levels f (a hundred sixty five levels c) for 1 hour, or till a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out easy. take away from oven and pour orange syrup over cake right now. cool in pan for half-hour, then take away from pan. allow stand upside-down overnight, then turn over and serve.
4. to make the orange syrup: in a medium bowl, integrate orange juice and confectioners sugar. blend until smooth.