1. 1 pound/half kg hot Italian sausage, casings removed
2. 1 (1 inch) piece fresh crushed ginger root
3. 5 cloves chopped garlic
4. 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
5. 6 ounces/170 gram fresh shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
6. 6 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
7. 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
8. 2 tablespoons soy sauce
9. 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh chives
10. 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
11. 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
12. 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
13. 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce, or to taste
14. 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce, or to taste
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:20 Minutes, Ready In:40 Minutes
1. place sausage in a bowl. add ginger and garlic and gently knead into the sausage; don’t overwork.
2. heat oil in big forged iron pan over medium heat. cook sausage, breaking into small portions, until browned and crumbly, 6 to 8 mins. transfer to a smooth bowl with a slotted spoon, reserving fat in a pan.
3. boom warmth to high.cook mushrooms in sausage fat, stirring regularly till liquid releases and mushrooms start to brown, approximately 4 minutes. add half of of the cabbage. cook until cabbage is wilted and gentle,for 4 minutes. drizzle in vinegar and soy sauce. maintain cooking until liquid is decreased and pan is almost dry,for 2 minutes.remove from heat.
4. blend in sausage, remaining cabbage, and chives. drizzle with sesame oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds. serve with tortillas, hoisin sauce, and sriracha sauce to make person wraps.