lebkuchens, a traditional german christmas cookie, are given a polish twist on this vintage circle of relatives , with lots of honey for a chewy texture.
1. 1/2 cup butter
2. 1 1/2 cups white sugar
3. 1 cup honey
4. 6 cups all-purpose flour
5. 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
6. 1 teaspoon ground cloves
7. 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
8. 1/2 cup water
9. 2 eggs, beaten
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:15 Minutes, Ready In:1 d 46 Minutes
1. melt butter in a large saucepan over medium warmness. stir in sugar and honey. carry to a boil; allow cool, about 10 minutes.
2. whisk flour, cinnamon, and cloves together in a bowl.
three. mix baking soda and water collectively in a bowl; stir into butter combination. blend in eggs. add flour-spice combination; stir till dough is blended. cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for twenty-four to 48 hours.
four. preheat oven to 325 degrees f (one hundred sixty five degrees c).
5. roll dough out; reduce into cookies and location on a baking sheet.
6. bake inside the preheated oven until edges are golden, 10 to twelve minutes. cool on the baking sheet for 1 minute; switch to a wire rack to chill absolutely.