you could make this creamy roux-based totally milk soup with cauliflower or broccoli, as well as potatoes. substitute vegetable stock for the chicken soup base for a vegetarian model.
1. 1/4 cup butter
2. 1 large onion, chopped
3. 6 potatoes, peeled and diced
4. 2 carrots, diced
5. 3 cups water
6. 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon powder
7. ground black pepper to taste
8. 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
9. 3 cups milk
10. 1 tablespoon dried parsley
11. 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:45 Minutes
1. soften butter in a saucepan over medium warmth. stir in the onion; prepare dinner and stir until the onion has softened and became translucent, approximately five minutes.
2. whilst the onions are cooking, location the diced potatoes, carrots, water and fowl soup base (or vegetable base; see cook's word) in any other pot and produce to a boil. cook till vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes. do now not overcook. season with floor black pepper to taste.
3. upload the flour to the cooked onions to make a paste. cook, stirring continuously, for two minutes. gradually upload the milk and stir well. cook dinner over low heat stirring constantly until warmed through. add the potato and carrot combination. stir inside the parsley and thyme and warmth via. serve warm.