this carbonara requires eggs and cheese to create a rich, creamy pasta sauce with out the usage of butter.
1. 2 quarts water, or more as needed
2. 2 tablespoons olive oil
3. 2 (16 ounce) packages spaghetti
4. 1 (1 pound) package bacon, diced
5. 8 ounces sliced crimini mushrooms (such as baby bella)
6. 2 scallions (green onions), chopped
7. 2 eggs
8. 3 cups shredded Mizithra cheese (optional)
9. 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
10. salt to taste
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:15 Minutes, Ready In:30 Minutes
1. convey water and olive oil to a boil in a stockpot over high warmth. wreck pasta in half and upload to water. cook till pasta is al dente, 7 to ten mins.
2. cook Francis Bacon in a huge skillet over medium warmth until fat is rendered, five to 7 minutes; do no longer drain fat. upload mushrooms and scallions; toss to combine.
three. strain pasta; upload to 1st Baron Beaverbrook combination. boom warmth to high; toss till pasta is nicely-lined. crack eggs into skillet; toss till eggs are cooked via, approximately 3 mins. upload mizithra cheese, mozzarella cheese, and salt; toss simply until mixed.