"this chowder it’s miles terrific! it received the chowder cookoff in newport some years ago. attempt it, i guarantee that it receives rave critiques!"
1. 1/2 cup butter
2. 1 1/2 large onions, chopped
3. 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
4. 1 quart shucked clams, with liquid
5. 6 (8 ounce) jars clam juice
6. 1 pound boiling potatoes, peeled and chopped
7. 3 cups half-and-half cream
8. salt and pepper to taste
9. 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill weed
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours
1. soften butter in a massive kettle or stock pot over medium warmth. add onions and saute till clean. stir in flour and prepare dinner over low heat, stirring regularly, for 2 to 4 minutes. set aside to cool.
2. in a separate pot, carry clams and clam juice to a boil. lessen heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
three. in a small saucepan, cover peeled potatoes with water. carry to a boil and cook dinner till potatoes are tender, approximately 15 minutes. drain and set aside.
4. slowly pour hot clam stock into butter/flour aggregate while stirring continuously. hold stirring and slowly carry to a boil. lessen warmness and upload cooked potatoes. mix in half of and half, salt and pepper and chopped dill. warmness through but do now not boil.