make a quick however pleasing dinner with this for nasi goreng, an indonesian-inspired fried rice with egg ribbons and grape tomatoes.
1. 1 cup uncooked white rice
2. 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3. 2 eggs, beaten
4. salt to taste
5. 1/2 cup onion, chopped
6. 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
7. 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
8. 1 tablespoon soy sauce, divided, or to taste
9. 8 grape tomatoes, halved
10. 6 slices cucumber
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:39 Minutes, Ready In:59 Minutes
1. carry water and rice to a boil in a saucepan. reduce warmness to medium-low, cowl, and simmer till rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, 20 to 25 minutes.
2. heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. pour in eggs. cook dinner, tilting the pan on occasion, until edges are almost dry, approximately three mins. season with salt. flip and hold cooking till eggs are set, about 2 minutes greater. turn eggs directly to a reducing board; roll up like a crepe and slice into strips.
3. vicinity onion, garlic, and pink pepper in the same skillet over medium-excessive heat. saute till fragrant, approximately 4 minutes. add egg strips, 1 half of teaspoons soy sauce, and a pinch of salt. saute until properly blended, about 2 minutes.
4. mix the rice and final soy sauce into the egg mixture. saute till rice is properly lined in sauce, about three minutes. mix in tomatoes. serve on a plate with cucumbers as garnish.