1. 1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
2. 2 links chicken sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-sized pieces
3. 3 tablespoons butter
4. 4 carrots, cut into bite-sized pieces
5. 1 leek, halved lengthwise and cut into bite-sized pieces
6. 2 garlic cloves
7. 1 (4 ounce) package mushrooms, quartered
8. 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
9. 1 1/4 cups vegetable broth
10. 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
11. 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
12. 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
13. salt and ground black pepper to taste
14. 1 egg
15. 1 tablespoon water
Cook:59 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 9 Minutes
1. roll out each puff pastry sheet to a good thickness. reduce two eight-inch rounds from every sheet the use of a sharp knife.
2. line backside and aspects of two eight-inch pie tins with pastry rounds. keep 2 pastry rounds for tops of pies. area pie tins and tops on a baking sheet; switch to the fridge.
3. cook dinner and stir sausage in a pan over medium heat till browned,for five minutes. drain excess grease. upload butter, carrots, leek, and garlic; cook and stir until leek softens, about five mins.
4. stir mushrooms into pan; cook till gentle for 8 mins. stir in flour for 1 minute. pour in vegetable broth slowly; add dijon mustard, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. prepare dinner and stir until sauce thickens, about five minutes.
5.heat oven to 400 degrees.
6. divide sausage combination lightly among the pie tins. cowl with pastry tops.
7. whisk egg and water together in a bowl to make egg wash. brush egg wash over pastry tops.
8. bake in the heated oven until golden brown for 35 mins. cool briefly before slicing for 10 minutes.