sardines take the place of meat on this moroccan-inspired meatball simmered in a savory tomato sauce for a quick weeknight meal.
1. 1 (4 ounce) can sardines, drained
2. 2 eggs
3. 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
4. 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
5. 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
6. 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
7. 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
8. 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
9. salt and ground black pepper to taste
10. 2 tablespoons olive oil
11. 1/4 onion, chopped
12. 2 cloves garlic, chopped
13. 1 (14.5 ounce) can canned diced tomatoes
14. 2 tablespoons ground coriander
15. 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:35 Minutes
1. location sardines in a meals processor; puree till clean. add eggs, bread crumbs, paprika, turmeric, ginger, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. pulse in short till properly-blended. shape mixture into small balls.
2. warmness oil in a huge skillet over medium warmness. add onion and garlic; prepare dinner and stir until fragrant, approximately five minutes. stir in tomatoes, coriander, and cumin. reduce warmth, cowl, and simmer sauce till flavors combine, about 15 mins. stir in meatballs and simmer till heated through, about five mins.