integrate aromatic rice with sauteed vegetables and ceviche-style crab and shrimp mix to make moqueca baiana, a wealthy seafood stew from brazil.
1. 1 (16 ounce) can crabmeat
2. 1/2 pound cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined without tail
3. 3 tablespoons lemon juice
4. 1 tablespoon lime juice
5. 3 cloves garlic, minced
6. 1 teaspoon salt, divided
7. 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
8. 2 1/2 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
9. 3 cups water
10. 2 tablespoons water
11. 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
12. 1 yellow onion, coarsely chopped
13. 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
14. 2 teaspoons salt
15. 1 clove garlic
16. 2 tablespoons dende oil (palm oil)
17. 1 yellow onion, sliced
18. 1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded and sliced
19. 1 small orange bell pepper, seeded and sliced
20. 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
21. 3 Roma tomatoes, sliced
22. 1 Roma tomato, chopped
23. 1/2 cup chopped green onions
24. 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Prep:40 Minutes, Cook:48 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 28 Minutes
1. place crabmeat and shrimp in a dish; coat with lemon juice, lime juice, 3 cloves garlic, half of teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. blend nicely. cover with plastic wrap; relax till prepared to apply.
2. combine rice, three cups plus 2 tablespoons water, coconut milk, chopped onion, butter, 2 teaspoons salt, and 1 clove garlic in a big saucepan or rice cooker. simmer, covered, until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
3. warmth dende oil in a big skillet over medium warmness. cook dinner and stir sliced onion till starting to melt, approximately five minutes. upload yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and overwhelmed pepper. cook and stir until heated through, 3 to five mins. add sliced tomatoes, chopped tomato, and green onions. lessen warmth to low; let vegetable aggregate simmer for five minutes. upload the ultimate half teaspoon salt, half of teaspoon black pepper, and cilantro.
four. switch half of the vegetable mixture to a plate. unfold the remaining aggregate to evenly cover the lowest of the skillet. spread crab-shrimp combination on top. pinnacle with the remaining vegetable mixture and pour on coconut milk. bring to a simmer over medium warmth. lessen warmness to low. prepare dinner without stirring until flavors mixture, approximately 15 mins. serve over the rice.