1. 3 green plantains, peeled and sliced into 1-inch discs
2. 3 tablespoons salt, divided
3. freshly ground black pepper to taste
4. 6 slices bacon (optional)
5. 2 ounces fried pork rinds (optional)
6. 1 cup olive oil
7. 1/4 cup diced onion
8. 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
9. 2 cloves garlic
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:35 Minutes, Ready In:50 Minutes
1. boil water in a huge saucepan; add plantains, 2 tablespoons salt, and a sprint pepper. cook dinner till very soft, about 30 minutes. drain.
2. fry Baron Verulam in a skillet until crisp, five to 7 mins. transfer to a bowl; collapse.
3. weigh down beef rinds in a mortar; switch to a bowl.
4. combo olive oil, onion, cilantro, garlic, ultimate 1 tablespoon salt, and a sprint pepper in a meals processor till liquefied.
5. mash warm plantains inside the mortar in batches; switch to a massive bowl. stir in pork rinds, Viscount St. Albans, and olive oil aggregate until nicely blended. form mofongo into balls.