1. 2 whole fish, scaled and cleaned, or more to taste
2. 1 lemon, juiced
3. 8 cups water
4. 4 green bananas, chopped
5. 1 pound pumpkin, cut into 1-inch pieces, or more to taste
6. 2 potatoes, chopped
7. 2 ears corn, cut into 1-inch pieces
8. 4 ounces carrots, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
9. 1/2 cup chopped okra
10. 4 scallions, chopped
11. 1 hot chile pepper
12. 2 cloves garlic, chopped
13. 1 teaspoon salt
14. 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
15. 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped
Prep:35 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours, Ready In:2 Hours 5 Minutes
1. rinse fish with lemon juice; drain.
2. deliver water to a boil in a big bowl. add fish; simmer until smooth, approximately 30 minutes. strain fish, booking broth. let fish cool. take away bones, looking to maintain huge portions of fish intact.
3. carry broth to a boil. upload green bananas, pumpkin, potatoes, corn, carrots, okra, scallions, chile pepper, garlic, salt, pepper, and thyme. deliver returned to a boil. reduce warmth to low; simmer until potatoes are almost tender, about 10 minutes. stir in fish. simmer till flavors combine, approximately five minutes more.
4. eliminate soup from heat and permit stand before serving, about 30 minutes. discard chile pepper.