1. 3 tablespoons olive oil
2. 1 onion, finely chopped
3. 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
4. 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
5. 3/4 cup uncooked white rice
6. 1 1/4 cups chicken broth
7. 1/4 cup chopped pistachio nuts
8. 1/4 cup golden raisins
9. 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:22 Minutes, Ready In:42 Minutes
1. warmth olive oil in a saucepan over medium warmth and prepare dinner onion, turmeric, and cardamom, stirring continuously, till smooth and translucent, approximately five minutes. add rice and mix well.
2. pour hen broth into the saucepan, stir, and bring to a boil. lessen warmth to medium-low, cowl, and simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 17 mins.
3. toast pistachios in a dry skillet till fragrant, three to 5 minutes; dispose of from skillet and coarsely chop.
4. place golden raisins in a bowl and cowl with boiling water. soak for 1 minute and drain well.
five. do away with rice from warmness and permit to stand, covered, for five mins. fluff with a fork. mix in pistachios, raisins, and green onions; season with salt.