1. 1 eggplant, halved lengthwise
2. 1 teaspoon salt, or as needed
3. 3 small zucchini, sliced
4. 1/4 cup olive oil, or to taste, divided
5. 4 bone-in chicken thighs
6. 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
7. 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
8. 3 cloves garlic, minced
9. 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
10. 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, or to taste
11. ground black pepper
12. 1/2 (16 ounce) package whole-wheat spaghetti
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 22 Minutes, Ready In:2 Hours 17 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 375 tiers f (a hundred ninety ranges c).
2. sprinkle all aspects of eggplant with salt; permit rest to launch moisture, approximately 30 minutes. rinse off the salt. make deep, crisscross cuts via the eggplant flesh, leaving the skin intact.
three. area eggplant and zucchini on a baking sheet; drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
four. area chicken thighs in a baking dish. combine 1 half tablespoons olive oil and balsamic vinegar in a bowl and drizzle over hen. cowl with aluminum foil.
five. bake veggies and fowl inside the preheated oven until zucchini is tender, approximately 12 minutes. dispose of the zucchini; retain baking until eggplant is smooth and and chook juices run clear, 13 to 17 minutes greater. an instant-read thermometer inserted close to the bone should read a hundred sixty five levels f (74 tiers c).
6. warmness the final olive oil in a saucepan over medium warmth. prepare dinner onions and garlic till onions are translucent, about five mins. upload tomato sauce, basil, and pepper. convey sauce to a boil. cover; permit simmer until flavors meld, about 30 minutes.
7. deliver a massive pot of lightly salted water to a boil. cook spaghetti in the boiling water, stirring on occasion, till gentle yet firm to the bite, approximately 12 minutes. drain. pour sauce over the spaghetti. region the fowl, eggplant, and zucchini on top.