this is one of the quality, easiest, and tastiest vegetarian chili s i've ever tasted. each time i make it, my pals consume it. first-class eaten with tortilla chips, cheddar cheese, guacamole, and bitter cream. what a treat!
1. 1/2 cup olive oil
2. 4 onions, chopped
3. 2 green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
4. 2 red bell peppers, seeded and chopped
5. 4 cloves garlic, minced
6. 1 (14 ounce) package firm tofu, drained and cubed
7. 4 (15.5 ounce) cans black beans, drained
8. 2 (15 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
9. 2 teaspoons salt
10. 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
11. 2 teaspoons ground cumin
12. 6 tablespoons chili powder
13. 2 tablespoons dried oregano
14. 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
15. 1 tablespoon liquid hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco™
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:6 Hours 10 Minutes, Ready In:6 Hours 40 Minutes
1. warmth the olive oil in a big skillet over medium-high heat. add the onions; cook dinner and stir till they begin to become tender. upload the green peppers, pink peppers, garlic and tofu; cook and stir till vegetables are gently browned and soft, the entire process should take about 10 minutes.
2. pour the black beans into the sluggish cooker and set to low. stir in the greens and tomatoes. season with salt, pepper, cumin, chili powder, oregano, vinegar and hot pepper sauce. stir lightly and cowl. cook dinner on low for six to 8 hours.