1. 1/2 cup walnuts
2. 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
3. 1 tablespoon baking powder
4. 1/3 cup butter
5. 1 cup maple syrup
6. 1 egg, lightly beaten
7. 2/3 cup fat-free evaporated milk
8. 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:50 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 10 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 stages f (175 tiers c). grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan. unfold walnuts onto a baking sheet.
2. toast walnuts within the preheated oven until nuts begin to show golden brown and become aromatic, 10 to fifteen mins. remove from oven; preserve oven on.
3. blend flour and baking powder collectively in a huge bowl. make a properly inside the middle.
4. beat butter in a bowl with a wood spoon till creamy. mix in maple syrup. beat in egg. add milk and vanilla extract. pour into the well in the flour aggregate; stir till simply blended. fold in toasted walnuts.
5. scrape batter into the prepared loaf pan.
6. bake within the preheated oven till a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out smooth, 40 to 50 minutes. cool on a wire rack for 10 mins. invert onto the wire rack to complete cooling.