this big-batch for tomato rice flavored with cinnamon, clove, and cardamom cooked in a rice cooker is a popular aspect dish in malaysia.
1. 2 pounds basmati rice
2. 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter)
3. 1 sprig fresh parsley
4. 1 cinnamon stick
5. 1 clove
6. 1 pod cardamom
7. 6 1/2 cups water
8. 1 (10.75 ounce) can tomato puree
9. salt to taste
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:40 Minutes
1. location rice in a massive bowl and cover with water. permit soak, five to 10 mins. drain.
2. combine ghee, parsley, cinnamon stick, clove, and cardamom in a massive skillet. warmth over medium-low warmth until ghee melts and smells aromatic, about five minutes.
3. integrate rice and ghee combination in a rice cooker. cover with water. seal cooker and cook rice consistent with producer's instructions. pause cooking a quarter of the way through; stir tomato puree and salt into the rice. keep cooking until rice is smooth and liquid is absorbed. discard complete spices before serving.