this bold malaysian bird curry simmered in coconut milk with lots of fresh veggies makes an outstanding dinner for lovers of highly spiced meals.
1. Curry Paste:
2. 8 shallots, roughly chopped
3. 6 hot chile peppers, roughly chopped
4. 8 stalks lemongrass, smashed and cut into 1-inch pieces
5. 1/2 cup chopped almonds, or to taste
6. 1 small bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
7. 8 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
8. 1 (1 inch) piece ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
9. 2 tablespoons peanut oil
10. Chicken Curry:
11. 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
12. 1 tablespoon peanut oil, or more as needed
13. 1 onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
14. 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
15. 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
16. 1 orange bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
17. 1 cup halved snow peas
18. 1 large carrot, cut into matchsticks
19. 2 (14 ounce) cans coconut milk
20. 1 teaspoon white sugar
21. 1 teaspoon salt
Prep:1 Hours, Cook:26 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 26 Minutes
1. integrate shallots, chile peppers, lemongrass, almonds, cilantro, garlic, ginger, and a pair of tablespoons peanut oil in a meals processor; pulse into a easy paste. measure out 1 cup of paste right into a large bowl. upload fowl thighs and mix until very well covered.
2. warmness 1 tablespoon peanut oil in a big, deep skillet over medium heat. pan-fry bird in batches until cooked thru and no longer pink in the center, approximately 5 minutes. switch to a large plate the use of a slotted spoon; set aside.
3. area onion, crimson bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, orange bell pepper, and carrot within the same skillet. cook dinner and stir till softened, about five mins. upload snow peas; cook and stir till slightly softened however nevertheless crisp, about 1 minute.
four. go back bird to the skillet. stir in coconut milk, sugar, and salt. simmer till flavors combine, 10 to 15 mins.