1. 1 onion, minced
2. 3 stalks celery, minced
3. 4 pounds ground beef
4. 1 (32 ounce) bottle ketchup
5. 1/2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
6. 1/2 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
7. 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
8. salt and ground black pepper to taste
9. 1 1/2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
10. 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
11. 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
12. 1/4 cup butter, softened (optional)
13. 36 English muffins, split
14. 72 slices American cheese, cut into strips
Prep:25 Minutes, Cook:25 Minutes, Ready In:50 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 350 levels f (a hundred seventy five levels c).
2. area onion and celery into a pot and cowl with water; carry to a boil. simmer till tender, approximately 3 mins. drain.
3. warmness a large skillet over medium-high warmth; cook and stir beef until it’s miles crumbly, calmly browned, and no longer crimson, about 5 mins. drain and discard any extra grease. stir in onion aggregate, ketchup, tomato soup, 1/2 can tomato paste, garlic salt, salt, and pepper; set aside to cool.
4. blend ultimate 1 1/2 cans tomato paste, oregano, and sugar in a small bowl. season with salt and pepper.
5. butter each english muffin half, then unfold with tomato paste combination. divide floor red meat mixture over each muffin 1/2 and pinnacle with strips of american cheese. location open-confronted sandwiches on massive baking sheets.
6. bake within the preheated oven until cheese melts, about 15 mins.