a easy yet tasty alternative to potato leek soup. tremendous for those watching their carbs or calories, or just searching out a exceptional vegetarian soup.
1. 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. 3 tablespoons butter
3. 3 leeks, cut into 1 inch pieces
4. 1 large head cauliflower, chopped
5. 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
6. 8 cups vegetable broth
7. salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
8. 1 cup heavy cream (optional)
Prep:15 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours, Ready In:1 Hours 15 Minutes
1. heat the olive oil and butter in a big pot over medium heat, and saute the leeks, cauliflower, and garlic for approximately 10 mins. stir in the vegetable broth, and produce the aggregate to a boil. reduce heat, cover, and simmer forty five minutes.
2. eliminate the soup from warmness. combination the soup with an immersion blender or hand mixer. season with salt and pepper. blend inside the heavy cream, and retain mixing until clean.