1. 1 (6 ounce) package egg noodles
2. 1 lemon, zested
3. 1/2 lemon, juiced
4. 1/4 cup butter
5. 2 cloves garlic, crushed
6. 2 cups heavy whipping cream
7. 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
8. 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
9. 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
10. 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, or more to taste
11. salt and ground black pepper to taste
Prep:10 Minutes, Cook:45 Minutes, Ready In:55 Minutes
1. deliver a massive pot of lightly salted water to a boil. prepare dinner egg noodles inside the boiling water, stirring on occasion until smooth yet firm to the chunk, eight to ten mins. drain.
2. soften butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat, approximately 2 minutes. upload garlic and prepare dinner till simmering, approximately 1 minute. upload heavy cream. increase heat to medium and bring to a boil; simmer, stirring now and again, until alfredo sauce is decreased by 1/2, about 20 mins.
3. slowly whisk lemon zest and juice into the alfredo sauce to keep away from curdling. stir in parmesan, ricotta, and romano cheeses until melted, 2 to three mins. stir in basil, salt, and pepper; cook dinner for two to three minutes more.
4. pour the alfredo sauce over the egg noodles.