that is a exquisite, tangy, spicy soup that sort of resembles break up-pea. i from time to time upload grilled chook breast or cooked and cubed candy potatoes for texture. have a laugh with it!
1. 6 cups chicken stock
2. 1 pound red lentils
3. 3 tablespoons olive oil
4. 1 tablespoon minced garlic
5. 1 large onion, chopped
6. 1 tablespoon ground cumin
7. 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
8. 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
9. 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:30 Minutes, Ready In:50 Minutes
1. carry hen inventory and lentils to a boil in a large saucepan over excessive heat, then reduce warmness to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 20 mins.
2. in the meantime, heat olive oil in a skillet over medium warmth. stir in garlic and onion, and cook till the onion has softened and grew to become translucent, approximately 3 mins.
3. stir onions into the lentils and season with cumin and cayenne. maintain simmering till the lentils are smooth, approximately 10 mins.
four. cautiously puree the soup in a standing blender, or with a stick blender until clean. stir in cilantro and lemon juice before serving.