1. 4 cups all-purpose flour
2. 3 eggs, beaten
3. 1/4 cup melted butter
4. 3/4 cup milk
5. salt and ground black pepper to taste
6. 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
7. 2 slices French bread, toasted well
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:20 Minutes, Ready In:50 Minutes
1. blend flour, eggs, milk, melted butter, a pinch of salt, and and pinch of pepper into a ball of dough; let sit down at room temperature for 10 minutes.
2. cut dough ball into quarters. roll each piece into logs. press each log flat.
3. carry a big pot of water to a boil; add potatoes. preserve a flattened dough log over the water and use kitchen shears to diagonally snip 1/four- to half-inch pieces of dough into the water; repeat till all dough is within the water. cook dinner potatoes and dough, stirring every now and then, until the potatoes are gentle and the dough is cooked into small dumplings, 15 to twenty mins; drain and transfer potatoes and dumplings into a large bowl.
4. overwhelm the toasted bread into the noodles and mix with a spoon.