this kishmish badam korma combines tender chunks of lamb with aromatic and delicious spices inclusive of cardamom, cinnamon, and cloves.
1. 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2. 3 tablespoons halved almonds
3. 3 tablespoons golden raisins
4. 6 whole cloves
5. 5 green cardamom pods
6. 1 (2 inch) cinnamon stick
7. 2 bay leaves
8. 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
9. 1 tablespoon minced garlic
10. 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
11. 1 tablespoon ground coriander
12. 1 teaspoon ground cumin
13. 1 teaspoon paprika
14. 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
15. 5 tablespoons plain yogurt
16. 1 1/4 pounds cubed lean lamb meat
17. 1 cup water
18. 1 teaspoon salt
19. 1 teaspoon garam masala
Prep:20 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 9 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 29 Minutes
1. warmness oil in a skillet over medium warmness. fry almonds until faded brown, approximately 1 minute; dispose of with a slotted spoon and reserve. upload raisins to the skillet; cook dinner until plump, approximately 1 minute. get rid of with a slotted spoon and reserve.
2. vicinity cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon stick within the skillet. stir for 30 seconds. upload bay leaves; stir as soon as. add onions, boom warmness to medium-excessive, and fry until they start to brown at the rims, approximately 5 mins. add garlic and ginger; cook till aromatic, about 1 minute. add coriander, cumin, paprika, and turmeric; fry for 1 minute extra.
three. spoon yogurt into the skillet. reduce heat to medium. stir and fry till the combination turns into pasty and specks of fats seem at the rims, about 2 mins. add lamb; stir and fry till nicely browned on all sides, about 8 mins. pour in water and upload salt. convey to a boil, lessen warmth to low, and cover. simmer till meat is soft, about 45 minutes.
4. increase warmth to dry out and thicken sauce, if important. do away with skillet from heat, add reserved almonds and raisins and stir in garam masala.