stuff inexperienced bell peppers with a aggregate of couscous, vegetables, and vegan pork for a easy and pleasing dinner.
1. 2 cups water
2. 1 cup couscous (such as Rice Select®)
3. 1 tablespoon olive oil
4. 1 onion, diced
5. 2 cups marinara sauce
6. 1 cup beef broth
7. 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
8. 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
9. 1 pound vegan beef crumbles (such as Gimme Lean®)
10. 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
11. 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
12. 4 cloves garlic, minced
13. 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
14. 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
15. 1 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, divided
16. 4 large green bell peppers, halved and seeded
Prep:30 Minutes, Cook:1 Hours 15 Minutes, Ready In:1 Hours 45 Minutes
1. preheat oven to 375 tiers f (one hundred ninety tiers c).
2. convey water to a boil in a saucepan; take away from warmness and stir couscous into the water. cowl saucepan and allow stand till water is absorbed absolutely, five to ten minutes. fluff couscous with a fork.
3. warmth olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook dinner and stir onion in warm oil till onion starts to melt, about five mins. switch half of the onion to a big bowl.
4. pour marinara sauce, beef broth, balsamic vinegar, and red pepper flakes into skillet with last onion; cook dinner and stir until heated through, approximately 1 minute. pour marinara mixture into a 9×13-inch baking dish.
five. stir vegan beef crumbles, diced tomatoes, parsley, garlic, black pepper, and cayenne pepper into onions within the large bowl till well-mixed. add couscous and 3/four of the parmigiano-reggiano cheese and stir till filling is nicely-combined. stuff every pepper 1/2 with couscous combination and region filled peppers in marinara sauce inside the baking dish. sprinkle closing parmigiano-reggiano cheese over peppers and cowl the baking dish with aluminum foil.
6. bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes. do away with aluminum foil and keep baking till peppers are soft and cheese is browned, 20 to twenty-five minutes extra.